Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repeating Data from the beginning of a Group on Next Page. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindUp

Programmer
Mar 6, 2003
US
I have a Report that I've invested a lot of time in, and it's not working correctly [sad]. It has two Groups, each with about 16 sections (GroupHeader1a, GH1b...GH1q), the second one has six sub-reports in the last six sections.

The problem is that it sometimes repeats data on the next page. If it has printed GH1a thru GH1f and hits the bottom of the page, sometimes it will repeat that data on the next page continuing on (GH1a thru GH1n again for example, with the rest on still the next page.) Appears it could be any section. It goes to a point, hits the bottom of the page, then repeats that same data (starting from GroupHeader1a) at the top of the next page.

I've copied the SQL Statement from "Show SQL Query" and pasted it into Enterprise Manager, and the resulting recordset is correct (so I know there is nothing wrong with the SQL string, or duplicated data in the DB.)

I tried exporting to Word, and it duplicates the same way. It seems to (sometimes) start printing a Grouping over when it hits the bottom of the page.

I've also tried every setting of "Keep Together", "Keep Object Together", "Close Border on page Break", and "Can Grow"... that makes any sense to try.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Good Luck! [thumbsup2]
WindUp

Have you looked at the way the Group is set up? Is "Repeat Group Header on Each Page" checked for the group?

-D

>Is "Repeat Group Header on Each Page" checked for the group?

Nope, it wasn't set. Do you have any other suggestions? It's been put on that back burner for now, but I'm absolutely SURE that soon this problem will become flamming hot!

Good Luck! [thumbsup2]
WindUp

Take a look at the Section Expert. (Insert, Section)

Highlight Group Header #1.
Make sure that you are highlighting the main GH#1, not one of the sections (a - q).
Make sure that "Keep Together" is not set here.
The other option would be to check the Group Options like hilfy suggested.

Report, Change Group Expert, highlight Group 1 and choose Options.
Make sure that "Keep Together" and "Repeat Group Header on each page" as not set.

~Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back