Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repeat image on multiple pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutchy0513

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2007
US
Working in Crystal 10xi with Oracle database 9g connecting with Oracle server.

I have a report using a stored procedure, in which there are multiple images, one each in the Page Header and Group Header sections for 3 separate claim forms. The layout is:

PHa, PHb and PHc – with suppression to only print for the correct claim form by service type:
If {claims_proc.service_type} = "OPT"
Then false // print
else true // suppress print

GH1a, GH1b and GH1c – with suppression as above.

Da, Db and Dc – with suppression as above, plus a limit of lines per page, depending on the claim type. The 3 claim types have different break points:
If {claims_proc.service_type} = "OPT" Then
(If ({##Rows4PageBreak} < 6 and
{claims_proc.claim_index} <> Next ({claims_proc. claim_index }))
OR (remainder({##Rows4PageBreak},6) = 0)
Then True // insert page break
Else False // no break
Else False

The fields in the Details section overlay the image in the Group Header. The report can be multiple pages due to the number of lines and I need both of the images to print on each page. The header image prints on all pages, but the group image does not. I see no difference in their set up. I have tried changing the image to not Keep Together and adjusted the size of the image to verify it is not too long for a page, to no avail.

Can you give me a clue as to where I should look next? Thanks.

In the group expert->group#1->options, do you have "Repeat group header on each page" checked?

-LB

I do now and it works. Thank you lbass!

Page header is not repeating in all pages. I created formula "Fake Page Header" added WhileReadingRecords;
" " in the formula.
Created group using Fake Page Header formula and placed all headers in the "Fake Page Group header" section, now headers are repeating in all pages but end of the page only totals are going to the last page and totals are in the footer of "Fake Page Group header" section my problem is last page do not have headers (may be totals do not consider as record in crystal reports)! How can get header into the last page?

Insert another group footer section_b, and then drag it in design mode so that it becomes section_a. Then place a copy of your fake page header fields into the new GF_a section.

-LB

lbass:
I appreciated your last answer, and it did get the header to print on the next pages, however I have come up with another issue on the same report/topic. I have worked with it and identified when the problem happens.
In the report I have the #Rows4PageBreak as a running total set up to count procedure sequence lines, evaluating each record, resetting on change of field claims_proc.claim_index.
Then the page break is set up for each form as formula in New Page After with the following:

If {claims_proc.service_type} = "OPT" Then
(If ({##Rows4PageBreak} < 6 and
{claims_proc.claim_index} <> Next ({claims_proc. claim_index }))
OR (remainder({##Rows4PageBreak},6) = 0)
Then True // insert page break
Else False // no break
Else False

It now will print the headers, but the first page header repeats even when the data does not support the decision. Do you have any more clues for me? I have taken the report apart and put it back together again. The header will work fine if I comment out the New Page After. Of course that doesn't work for my client. Thanks again.
tmh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back