Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

repair or reinstall 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenny45

Technical User
Apr 9, 2007
US
I am trying to repair or reinstall win98 on a machine with 98 on it already but a different copy of 98 than the one I have. As I try to use my disk it says that the key is invalid how do I go from here??? help kenny45_67333@hotmail.com

What kind of installation is it? Is it an OEM version i.e. full version or an update?

it is an upgrade versionsecond edition

the problem I am having is it locks up when you try to select a screen saver and when it first comes up it has an error -b-1 also it freezes up when it sits idle for anylenght of time???

How are you installing it? Are you installing DOS/Win95 first then upgrading to 98 or just upgrading your current installation?

just trying to install it to see if it corrects the other problems I have described above, the machine runs ok but has the file error code come up when it first boots up and if you try to pick a screen saver it locks up, also if it sits idle it to long it goes blank and wont wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back