Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

repair ms project file

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahadewa

Technical User
Aug 10, 2003
ID
any software to repair file msproject ,mine was corrupt,
pls help .....

I just experienced the same thing with Project 2000. If you find a solution, let me know!

MS KB Article: KB318438 (slightly reworded by me)

For MS Project Files That Do Not Open and cause your PC to hang.

In most cases, Microsoft Project stops responding and you receive an error message when you open one file, but you can open other files correctly. In this situation, use the following methods to try to open the file.

* Turn off Calculations *

In some cases, a "bad" calculation may cause the file to stop responding. To prevent Microsoft Project from performing calculations when it opens a file, follow these steps:

1. Start Microsoft Project as usual, to a blank project (Project1).
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. On the Calculation tab, under Calculation options for Microsoft Project, click Manual, and then click OK.
4. On the File menu, click Open. Locate and select the project that you want to open, and then click Open.

Now, this will might NOT correct your problem, it will simply allow you to open the file. Try copying the data to a blank project file and see if that corrects the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back