Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repair MICS power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beeper22

Technical User
Feb 25, 2007
CA
Have a dead MICS power pack, # NT7B62FA-93. Vintage 2003.
Repair seems straight-forward, no parts let out the magic smoke.

Located shorted main diodes, 1N5408 x 4 units, and can replace those.

Mystery item is on-board, solder-in fuse. Label on board is
T3A15/250v. Power supply rated draw is 2.6 amp.
What amp size is the fuse? That part number doesn't come on the Littlefuse search page.

Just a guess... 3 amp fuse.

Is the fuse blown?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I believe it is 3.15 amps. I recall odd amperages for the radial lead fuses from mfr like Electronics-Salon and would run 800 ma, 1.0 amp, 1.25 amp, 1.6 amp, 2.0 amp, 2.5 amp, 3.15 amp, 4.0 amp, 5.0 amp, 6.3 amp. Very particular ratings. You could try one of the big parts locators like Oxygen Electronics or Newark Electronics with a # like TR5T3A15 or 37213150001 or 40013150440 with the Littelfuse brand and see if the data sheet matches your board.

To: CurlyCord: Yep, fuse most assuredly has left the working world. With hundreds of power supplies replaced across this big a community, I figured somebody would have the actual rating.

To: MIBTM, Thank you. You've put me closer, I'll check with local supplier Monday nd see what they can offer. Meanwhile, I'll peel it off the board.

Sorry, MIBTM, got busy with other jobs and didn't get to supplier shop.
Far end of the city from me. Hope for better luck next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back