Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

repair access database

Status
Not open for further replies.

tushar149

Programmer
Oct 22, 2003
IN
Hello

How to repair ms access datbase. i have tried compact & repair but it isn't worked??is their any other way.

Hi,
Tell us what is the problem with the database? So that any of the members can help you. There are many experts in the forum.
It is a common thing that Access database getting corrupted.
Some errors are astonishing........

Regards
Zameer

Hi!

One way is to decompile the database, which seem to resolve code corruption.

Close all instances of access
Hit Start | Run and type
[tt]msaccess /decompile c:\fullpath\fullname.mdb[/tt]

close the database and open it again. Go to any module and use Debug | Compile

If this doesn't do the trick. You might check the faq sections of the Access forums (do a forum search for Access, you'll find several) post in one of these forums or do a keyword search.

HTH Roy-Vidar

Hello

Thanks for reply.

I have tried your command. But it still gives me same message when i run it. Anyways here i am writing message.:

"file intel.mdb isn't a database file.
you or another user may have unexpectedly quit ms access
while a ms access database was open.
Do you want ms access to attempt to repair database?"

When i press yes it start to repair the database but in between it stops. So is there any other way to repair database.

Tushar

I'm sure there has been lot of post concerning this. Try a Keyword search for corrupt, repair...

Or do a forum search for Access (there are several Access forums) and browse the faq pages.

Roy-Vidar

Hi,
Try the following...
1. Check if there is any "Lock file" in the same name of the database!! If there delete it.

2.Create a new blank database and import all the objects to it one by one. First tables, run the database, then queries, run, then Forms, run...
By this you will understand which object is corrupted... If possible import one object at a time...

3. Go to the code window and compile..Then Repair and Compact Database...

Hope this will help a little

Regards
Zameer

Hello

Thanks for information. I will tru it.. but before that i want to make one thing clear is that i am using front end as a VB 6...ok then i will try and let you know..

Thanks again

Hello

I have tried importing option also but as my database has got corrupted,i could not import any table from corrupted database.

Tushar

HOW TO SHRINK YOUR DATABASE

1. START – RUN
2. "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Msaccess.exe" /decompile
3. Open your database as normal
4. Relax …
5. Select “MODULES” – Select Design
6. Select Debug
7. Select Compile all Modules (if no errors)
8. Select from the Main Menu Tools
9. Compact Database
10. All Done………

hello

I have visited the site and downloaded jet utility but unfortunetely my problem is still not solved. Can anybody suggest me any utilty to repair my access database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back