Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rendered printout 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alvinlee

Technical User
Mar 9, 2004
CA
Hi,
I have setup different viewports for my model, some are object vports, made with -vports.
I chose mview, shaded, rendered, the plot preview looks awesome, however the actual plot comes out with all the viewports the same, any ideas? Thanks

Alvinlee,

Depending on which version of AutoCAD you're on, you'll most likely need to render to the renderer window, and then print the rendered portion from there. If you are trying to plot the drawing with the rendered image, you'll need to render to a file, and then perform a rasterin in the viewport where you want to see the rendered image, and then using a system printer, you should be able to print the drawing and rendered image in the same drawing.

Hope that helps

Todd

Thanks TCARPENTER, only I dont think I've done a good job of explaining my situation. Im using ACAD 2004, In the layout i have several vports that show various angles of my model, of course in ACAD 2004 you can show a rendered view of all objects in there individual vports, the plot preview looks great the actual plot does render each vport only they are all identical they are no longer look like the plot preview.

I have rendered to files and windows but this has me abit boggled, Thanks again

Best regards,

Al

I had exactly the same problem. If I try print using the hidden option everything is fine, but if I render the drawing, both view ports print the same view. The render time was also exceedingly long for such a simple drawing.

I created a new layout tab, re-created the 2 views and everything was fine(although I did lower the output quality through the render advanced options)

I bought and installed 2005 last week, so I will try to open the drawing there and see if the problem persists.

Thanks MalayCobra, I'll give it a go.

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back