Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Render as html with bean:write

Status
Not open for further replies.

post406

Programmer
Dec 3, 2003
US
I'm inputing html from a textarea into a database. It goes in as html (I checked), but when I output it with bean:write the <'s and >'s are outputted to the source as &lt and &gt. Anyone know how to make them be <'s and >'s IN THE SOURCE so that they render as a link or bold text to the user for example. Thanks.

P.S. filter = &quot;false&quot; is not what I am looking for...that changes it from &amp lt; to &lt; in the source

i think u need a custom replace method, where u replace all &lt's with <'s and then use a preparedstatement put into the database. btw, filter=&quot;false&quot; should do the trick for u

Yes, the last point areznik makes is correct. filter = &quot;false&quot; DOES do the trick. Some other issue was causing the problem. Thanks for the reply and sorry for leaving that one out there when it was already fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back