Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Renaming Parameters and disabling ok until all parameters are chosen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRL123

Programmer
Apr 26, 2006
US
I am using Crystal 8 and Delphi 7 and I have 2 parameter related questions:
1) Is there a way to rename a parameter? Even when I remove it from the report first,it will not allow me to rename it.
2) Can the ok button be disabled until all the parameter choices have been entered since if you hit enter or ok after one parameter it will run the report?

Not in CR-8, Dynamic Parameters were only introduced in CR-XI

To change the parameter name, go to the field explorer->parameters->right click on your parameter->rename. This will allow you to change the name while in the field explorer--just type in the new name.

Regarding your second question--you should not be hitting enter or OK until after entering all parameter selections, but I guess you've probably realized that!

-LB

I think that you should explain what "Even when I remove it from the report first,it will not allow me to rename it." means. If it is no longer on the report there is nothing to rename... LB stated how to rename them, consider stating specifically what Crystal returns when you're trying to do whatever it is that you're doing rather than saying Crystal doesn't let you.

An alternative to disabling the OK button is to add a default value in the drop down list of "All" and then allow for it in the record selection, as in:

(
if {?MyParm} <> "All" then
{table.field} = {?MyParm}
else
if {?MyParm} = "All" then
true
)

-k

I have had 2 clients that I am writing reports for request that when there are multiple parameters, that they cannot select the ok button until a selection has been made for each parameter and also they don't like that when you select cancel from the parameter screen that the report runs anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back