Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Renaming Open to view

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyny

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2009
US
Hello All, I managed to snag a Livelink UI/Trainer role and the first task itself is tricky :)

My team wants to rename "Open" to "View". Meaning we have 'Edit', 'Open', 'Download' next to the document link right on Livelink UI. My team wants to rename this 'Open' to 'View'.

Is this a simple one. (or) are we looking at extensive customization of several OScript module's.

Anybody has done this.

Thanks in advance.

Dirk.

You should be able to find the PROPERTIES file that stores this reference and update that - its purely a text file - although this will update EVERY place that the placeholder is used in your Livelink setup.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Greg: Can you tell what this property file would be. Is it under webnode_2_2_0 directory property files. I checked there (and in other places in module directory) but could not find it.

Regards, Dirk

I see this WEBDOC_HTMLLABEL.View_ = View\: in the file webdoc
ospace under ospace.

OpenText\module\webdoc_2_2_0\ospace\webdoc_en_US.properties

Perhaps that is where Greg was alluding to.

A long number of years back I posted something that was done only on the browseview.html file.I remember a memebr called "ruudbax' asking for it.Frankly I cannot find that post hence.I used a different approach.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008

I take it back. There are many files with Open label. Which one should I look at in order to change the Function menu "Open" and the html "Open" (the one besides Edit and Download)?

You would need to look at each occurrence of "Open" in your system and see where their properties files are called from and see if the change AppNair and I mention above impacts on them too much.

Greg Griffiths
Livelink Certified Developer & ECM Global Star Champion 2005 & 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back