Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rename Workspace

Status
Not open for further replies.

reevej

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
GB
Hi all, I've got a niggily problem. I've installed solaris 2.7 and I can't rename the workspace's. If I change the workspace name + log in & out the new names stick, but the changes are lost on reboot, any ideas ?

Maybe you could rephrase the question, or add a bit more detail. I'm not sure what you mean by 'workspace'.

Do you possibly mean renaming filesystems? If you do this on the fly, you will be able to access the filesystem by cd'ing into it, but it won't appear on a listing using df -k. To make the change permanent, you need to edit /etc/vfstab to change the mount point for the filesystem to the new name. This will then retain the new name on rebooting. Be careful, however, that you don't change the name of any filesystem used by your applications. Not sure if this is what you're after but if not, post back with more detail.

Hi,

you probably mean changing the workspace names on CDE (default: One, Two, Three, Four)?
Have you already tried to restart your workspace manager (Workspace Menu -> Windows -> Restart Workspace Manager...) after the changes?

mrjazz

Hi,
Yes I've already tried that one but no joy ! I've installed OpenView NNM on the system. The root user can make the changes but the Netman user cannot....but the permisions seem to be OK ?????

Cheers

J

You've probably already tried this but after setting the names have you saved the session?

As our Sys Admin Visitor mentioned above, you need to save the CDE / Openwindow setup.
On CDE, do following, after you have carried out all your customisation.

Right click mouse out side of any window.
Select "Application Manager" which will popup a new window.
Click on "Desktop_COntrol"
Click on "Style Manager - Startup"
Cleick on "Set Home Session"

This will save all settings and will remain for the same username.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back