Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rename WMF file for a single page report (Legacy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinLegs

Programmer
Jan 14, 2003
NZ
Greetings all - I have a C6.1 Legacy app and would like to RENAME the WMF file for a single page report that is printing a single record only. I do not need to save this file and it can remain as a temp file and be removed as normal when the report is closed.

From the Print Preview it is being send to a 3rd party PDF Creator (Printer Driver) which works fine but I would like to have a different file name for each different single record printed so the PDF relates to the record in the format of CustName.PDF or CustNumber.PDF instead of the default.

I can not seem to be able to find a solution in the Help file or to date on the Internet.

My question was a bit misleading. I see now it is the Job Name I want to change REPORT(jobname) not the WMF file name and if its of any help to anyone else I think I have found a solution.

Legacy embed 'After Opening the Report'. ie.
LOC:RptJobName=INV:CustName
REPORT{PROP:Text}=(LOC:RptJobName)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back