Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rename Secured .mdb and .mdw 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmusick

Programmer
Aug 12, 2003
Will renaming a .mdb and the corresponding .mdw cause problems? I have multiple users accessing a secured database using a shortcut copied to their desktop. I want to replace both the .mdb and .mdw with new and not change the shortcut. Is there a way to accomplish this?

The shortcut will refer to specific files by name. If you change the names of the files the shortcuts won't work.

The objective is to save the old (in production) version of both the .mdb and .mdw by renaming them. Then rename the new (tested) version of the .mdb and .mdw by renaming them to what the production version was called. Leave the shortcuts alone.

Thanks

I can't see any problem with that PROVIDED you have set up the users and groups in EXACTLY the same way as they were set up in the production workgroup - I mean the same username and PID values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back