Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

rename file to datestamp 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

friend01

Programmer
Jun 4, 2009
CA
Hi,

I have a bunch of files (2,043) in a folder (C:\test\) which I would like to rename them to the date it was created+filename. Anyway of doing this? Here's 2 examples:

OLD NAME DATE CREATED NEW NAME
-------------------------------------------
TTY1.TXT 05/12/2009 05/12/2009TTY1.TXT
SKIP.FRT 10/10/2008 10/10/2008SKIP.FRT

anyway of doing this?

Please help.

Thanks,
F1

"but it just hangs"

Have you run the code in the VFP TRACE Window to find out where/why it is 'hanging'?

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

The camera's file-save software can, in many cases, be adjusted to save the file with a datestamp/timestamp name.
You may also have lost this data in saved files due to level of compression.

friend01 said:
I've checked the link you sent & I don't read russian unfortunately. can anybody help?
JRB-Bldr said:
While the dialog is in Russian, the code is VFP code and should be easily understandable.
JRB-Bldr, friend01,

I know Russian, and it's not it.
I don't know Turkish, but it appears Turkish to me.

You are right Stella740Pl:) They were trying to be funny.

Cetin Basoz
MS Foxpro MVP, MCP

Cetin Basoz said:
They were trying to be funny.
Cetin,
Really? I would never guess. Must be too fine a humor for me.

Mike,
I thought, native English-speakers say "It's Greek to me"? Or now Russian is a new Greek?

As I might understand a few bits of Greek here and there, the language I would name as completely impossible to understand is Chinese. (As I already said to my children more than once, "What exactly you don't understand? Am I speaking Chinese to you?")

Maybe I was sensitive I don't know (funny thing is that I meant my code in that link which is English - or precisely VFP:)

Cetin Basoz
MS Foxpro MVP, MCP

Hi friend,

no need to repost, we have a reference to the thread with the code.

Waht this code should do is ask you for a picture with the GETPICT() dialog and then display all the EXIF informations it finds within.

If it does not show anything, thn it doesn't hang, it simply didn't find anything perhaps.

Try another picture perhaps?

Bye, Olaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back