Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rempass-Problem on a Raptor 6.5.3 (Solaris)

Status
Not open for further replies.

onthejob

Technical User
Feb 25, 2003
GB
I have cloned the hard-Disc of one raptor installation.
I install this disk in our new machine and install the correct license-key.
Everthing works fine on this new machine, only the remote access via RMC is not possible.
My problem is now, if i tried to add a new user via rempass,
I never get him in the remkey-file.
During entering the new user there is no error message.
If I reconfigure the sun and use the hostid+license-key from
the cloned machine, everything is ok with rempass.
Can anyone help on this problem.

tks and regards
Thomas

Sometimes I have seen this issue. Two things have caused this in my Unix experience. (the only version of the RF I actually use in my envirnment is the Solaris version). Permissions 755, in the whole SG. Secondly, the encryption is botched. If it is the same box, it uses the host ID which it got off the NIC. Then everything should work. I would (at this point.)

Uninstall, remove all file relating to encryption. Reinstall. That SHOULD rebuild that for you. Really, in a situation like this, you should really call a professional at support, or rebuild the box. I don't know your environment, or your configs, and this will break your tunnels (vpns) and such. So their may be another way, and a technition on the phone, interactivly with you may be able to pick that up.

Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back