Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Virtual Station from CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsaunde7

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2016
US
All,

I set-up a virtual station for testing purposes and now I need to remove the station. If i use command rem stat X it takes me to the stat and if I select enter to remove it, I'm getting Enhanced mode allowed on multimedia stations only. Also if I try to change the station type to see if I can remove that was, it tells me that station must be removed and re-added to change type. All help would be appreciated.

Try list usage extension XXXX to see if the virtual station is used elsewhere.

I tried list usage extension XXXX and the virtual station isn't being used anywhere else. Any other suggestions so I can remove this station.

maybe it'll clear with a reset 4. Maybe someone made it as a x ported station and changed to virtual after with that mode set and it can't be changed now?
Could be a minor translation corruption.

I'm the one who actually created the station as a virtual station so I know it wasn't made as a x-ported station. Also one thing I just noticed is that it won't allow me to even change the COR or Coverpath, it give me the Enhanced mode allowed on multimedia stations only. Are you suggesting that I reboot our PBX to see if that clears it. Would be hard to reboot since were open almost 24hrs. Any other suggestions.

Can you busy the station?
If you can, try removing when busied.

can you do change station x and paste the screen output with the returned error here?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

When trying to busy out station, I get no hardware assigned.

One other thing I just tried. I added another virtual station to see if I could remove it and it allowed me to remove it successfully. This leads me to believe its something specific that that station that I created and somehow stuck in translations.

exit GEDI on ASA then use advanced tab, emulation and connect.
Command: remove station x

Again, post results

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

do a change station, change it to a 2500 set, enter go back and then see if you can delete it

Doesn't even allow me to change the station type. Any type I try to change to it tells me that the type station must be removed and re-added to change type and defaults back to virtual. error message attached.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=2273b804-cc10-49e9-a4f8-8c0ff8281855&file=Capture_3.PNG
will it let you do it this way, do a change extension-station xxx at top line enter a new extension number. Worth a try

try list usage extension ### and see if it is link into another station as bridged appearance

Tried changing to a new extension and it let me do that but won't let me remove the new extension. I changed it back and I've sense opened a ticket with Avaya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back