Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing the PC info screen upon boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

CookieCS

Technical User
Mar 3, 2003
GB
Hi,
This may be very simple but I just cant work out how to get rid of it.
I built a home pc from scratch... brought the bits, put it together, it runs windows 2000. However when I boot it up I get a couple of configuration screens, detailing the system specifics, dmi pool data.... how do I get the PC to skip these screens and boot straight to the O/S ?
Thanks for any suggestions. chris

They're the POST screens - bios generated. don't think you can get rid of them (and best not - you may need to see what's being displayed sometime), and wouldn't make any difference - its the machine starting up and getting ready to be able to load an operating system (and on modern machines, usually very quick).

Hello!
Ok thanks for the information.. I was hoping the removal of them would help in saving time booting up.
And as my pc at work does not have these windows I thought there was a way to remove them.

Thanks Heaps!
Chris

Sometimes, in the bios there is an option to 'quickboot' which will shorten the testing that the bios does ( and sometimes put up a splash screen that makes you think it's not happening).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back