Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing the Page Breaks in "Block (Blue)" Template...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappaj333

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2005
US
I have a report that I've setup using the CR's "Block (Blue)" template. I notice that after each group: "group header #1a", the report puts in a page break. This is adding about 10 extra pages to the report that are entirely unnecessary.

I went into the section expert screen and suprisingly for this group the "New Page Before" and "New Page After" boxes were unchecked. So I don't know why it's breaking after each section.

I tried using another template ("Gray Scale") and noticed that in this template, there is no page break between sections/groups. Is there something else that I should be looking for?

If you check again you'll find that there is a "new page after" on the group footer, the group is split in two section
but on the group itself there is a check on the new page after and a formula as well

Mo

I actually noticed that earlier (and left it out of my post). I checked and there are no sections that have a page-break checked before or after it.

Has anyone worked with this particular template before?

I just opened that template in 11.0. The template doesn't supply the group structure, so wouldn't have formatted it for a new page. You might also check to make sure "Print at bottom of page is not checked" for the group sections.

-LB

Good idea, but unfortunately none of the sections/groups have this selected.

BTW, I am using v9.

The other thing you might do is go to report->change group options and make sure you do not have "Keep group together" checked. This could force a page break. In line with this, you might also want to go into the section expert and uncheck "keep together" on individual sections.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back