Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing the canned selections from the CallPilot greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHONETOOL

Programmer
Feb 13, 2002
US
What's the best way to make the callpilot auto attendant answer without the canned selections at the end.. if you know your party's extinction enter now or # for the directory

The customer wants the voicemail to answer after four rings and say

This is John Smith's woodworking please leave a message... and then go to the general delivery box

usually when I want a fast and dirty auto attendant i use the home menu in the CCR tree.
don't put any message in any of the greetings (just the home menu)

but if you want to only use the general delivery mail box .
that is even faster and dirtier.

Don't use the auto attendant or CCR.
and don't have the aa answer any lines.

initialize the GD mailbox and set the extension to EG:(221)for the message display.
put a message on your GD mailbox saying "This is John Smith's woodworking please leave a message"
Then in set programming for station EG:(221)(where all the incoming lines are set to ring) set the forward no answer to go to the voice mail dn (feature 985) after 4 rings.

Done!

Thanks for your quick response those are some good ideas

I'm not sure I can leave a blank space in greeting 1 or nothing record

I was thinking about

Putting (This is John Smith's woodworking) as greeting 1

Than putting (please leave a message) on the ccr home menu

Don't use the AA or CCR just use the GD MB and assign it to a phone that rings set the forward no answer to 3-4 rings and record you reched the company and leave a message then beep leave msg.
Straight forward and quick you don't have to wait for the CCR to transfer to the GD mB.

I ended up using the general delivery box, forward no answer 4 rings at extension 21. The customer is very happy doing it this way makes it easy for customers to change the message easily

Another satisfied customer

Thanks everyone PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back