Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing the background from an image

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoGreen

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2006
US
I have created an oval shaped logo, what I want to do is to remove the back ground and save it as a jpeg file. I am really confused on the cropping part. I know there is a tool in CorelDRAW X3 that can help you do that but when I use the crop tool it will only crop in squares. Is there a tool I can use to outline the oval shaped logo? I want to be able to just save the oval shaped logo with now white background.

Update time for you and radneys99!!

If you save the logo as a tiff you can select to have a transparent background in the Save As Bitmap Dialog Box.

Hope this solves your problem.

I saved it as a tiff and it gave the option to save it with a transparent background, but when I went to open it I still have the white back ground.

If you just tried to open it, of course it will still appear to have a white background.

What you need to do is IMPORT it into Corel Draw and place it over a coloured background, and the background should show through.

I have just tried it for myself and it works OK for me.

On a related side note, if you try to CROp an image, right click along the edge, and select "add node". This will allow you more flexibility in the shape of your cropping. It will give you another "cusp" to help bend the cropping around the objects outline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back