Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing tapes from a media pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSAndre

MIS
Jun 21, 2004
US
We are running ARCServe Release 11.0. When I go to add tapes to either a scratch set or save set on my media pool, I see all tapes that have been ever used in this media pool listed. This is somewhat annoying as I do not use all of these tapes anymore, at one time I used both the DLT tape drive and the tape library, now I only use the library. I would like to remove any tapes from the media pool that I do not use anymore, but I have not discovered a way to do this. Is this list stored in a text file somewhere or in the registry?

I appreciate the help,
Seth

right click the 'save' and 'scratch' sets. In here you find the options to move media, or to assign or remove them

regards

No I can add/remove tapes to the save and scratch sets. After you click assign media you see the list of media that is associated with this specific media pool. I would like to remove some of the media listed here.

Thanks

I have this same problem and would like to find an answer also. I am using version 9.0. Thank you.

Hello,
First time responding, reading while trying to find my own solution.

You can remove those tapes from appearing as unassigned media by deleting those records from the database, under Database/Media Records. Scroll the list to find the tape, right click and Delete the Selected Record. That tape should no longer be displayed as unassigned media.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back