Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Symantec AntiVirus corporate 8.0 from client

Status
Not open for further replies.

fingaz

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2003
US
I'm trying to remove the client software from a computer because it is currently pointing to a server that does not exist and was removed from the network. When in the process of uninstalling I got to a point where it asked if I wanted to delete quarantiened files I answered yes and the entire process froze and locked up the computer. Now when I turn on the computer the antiVirus software is still installed but I can't open it and I can't remove it. When I go to add/remove programs it shows up says it's removing it but does nothing. I've tried manually removing it but it keeps comming back. Any suggestions on how to get this removed safely from the computer so I can get a working copy installed?

Thanks

First, you didn't have to remove the client just to point to the new server, you could have put the grc.dat file from the new server on the client and it would have pointed to the new server.

Have you tried installing the client again?

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

yes I have tried. It starts the setup and says prepairing to install and just quits the setup. The grc.dat file that you are talking about I find that in the install dir of the console? I'll try and find that file and see if it helps. One computer seems to be a mess and the other that I did reverted back to all it original settings. Any thoughts on removal?

The grc.dat file worked for one of my 2 systems. The other is screwed I can't get the software uninstalled or installed. I put the cd in it says prepairing next installation step and just exits back to windows. I've got pc anywhere and ghost running on these machines also they appear to have many shared folders so I don't know what files are for what program for removing manually. I'm still searching the forums and tech support pages but any thoughts would be very helpful

bump.. any help, links, tech pages.

Hey guys !
Okay this may seem to you all like a joke but i am in need of SAV 9 grc.dat file or if possible the entire SAV 9 Client Security file from the CD. If willing plaese send to this Addy: phiggymahn@yahoo.com
I only received some installation shyt and that was coppied with other software on a single disk.
SO PLEASE HELP ME OUT.
i saddly wait a responds... :`(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back