Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing SP4 back-up files 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

rifleman

Technical User
Jul 5, 2002
GB
I've installed SP4 which (touch wood!) seems to be working OK. I took the "backup files" option in case I wanted to un-install it. When I decide NOT to un-install, where do I find the backup files in order to delete them to free up disk space?

thanks

Found the answer on a newsgroup -

%windir%\$NtServicePackUninstall$

I've been thinking about installing the SP4 every since it was released, but I'm still thinking......you had no problems? What prep did you do beforehand? I just can't offord a crash. I've kept up to date on all other SP and updates. You think I should do it? You see any benefits from the install?

Thanks,
Will

Well I installed it on the 17th, and to date have noticed no differences whatsoever!

it was installed on a fresh install of W2K that was done 5 days ago and so there was no prep as such because all my data was on a separate partition. (I dual boot W2K and W xp....)

Policekauk there is no preperation really. Of course if your worried about a crash a backup of your files to cd wont hurt. But, as long as you choose to keep the uninstall information, even if SP4 sticks you in a endless boot you can undo it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back