Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing SMTP Size Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndp001

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2003
GB
Hello,

I have set up outgoing and incoming size limits for SMTP messages,(4MB for both)which is all working fine. I have had a request to send a file that is 8Mb in size to another company. I have removed the out going size limits from the SMTP Protocol and from the Global Settings/Message Delivery properties. The problem is that I am still receiving an error message saying that the file is larger than the current system limit.

I have stopped and started the SMTP service and the MTA Stacks service but still have the problem. Are there any other services that need to be restarted?

Any help would be appreciated.

You can have global and user level limits - you've set global ones, check the ones on the user/s and override the global settings.

Thanks for the reply, I have just tried increasing the mailbox size to 10Mb, logged off and on, but am still receiving the error back. You don't have to restart any services for this to take effect do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back