Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing shadowing acceptance box

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndog4ever

MIS
Feb 6, 2002
US
I can shadow users ok, but they have to click accept. i want to take that off. i double clicked the ica-tcp and went into advanced settings, i didnt see anything in there. I am running XPe FR3, any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

You were at the right spot. Look at the very bottom left. You have shadow on, notify On. You need to change this.

OR

When you installed XP, you selected Shadow On, Notify On during the install and that cannot be changed without a re-install unless something has changed recently.

Some financial institutions wanted the ability to prevent user error for shadowing and requested Citrix to add this function to the install for security with no way to change it without a re-installation.

Matt

i have found this setting and changed this. Now i can longer shadow, i tried reverting back and still a no go. It attempts to shadow, logs in, but then i am shadowing the administrator session, not the users, has anyone ever seen this before? Thanks for any help in advance.

Once you have created your policy for shadowing (When you install) I thought that was it. If you wanted to change it then you have to re-install for that box. It is a one time only check box.

Cheers
Scott

i think you're right on that one, and now since i have messed with the settings, i can no longer shadow period, weird....

I have changed the notify on to notify off within the advanced tab in ip-tcp. It only worked once I got the users to re-logon after the change. I also set it back to notify on and it worked as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back