Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REMOVING SECURITY IN FXPRO 2.5 DOS APPLICATION 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fadiikhan

Technical User
Jun 9, 2021
MD
HI TO ALL EXPERTS,
I AM USING OLD FOXPRO DOS 2.5 SALES AND PURCHASE PROGRAM MY PROGRAMMER SET A SECURITY THAT ALLOW THE PROGRAM NOT TO WORK AFTER CHANGE THE YEAR IN DATE.IT SHOWS THE MESSAGE TO ENTER THE KEY TO RUN THE PROGRAM HOW CAN I REMOVE THE SECURITY FROM SOURCE CODE OR GENERATE KEY FROM MYSELF.

Run it in a virtual machine, and have the machine's date set to something that's valid.

VirtualBox is free and works great with all versions of DOS and Windows I've ever tested. And you don't need a modern Windows version. Your old Windows 2000 Professional, or Windows 98 will work for your old app. You could even run it in MS-DOS 6.x if you wanted. DOS works great in VirtualBox.

Lots of solutions that don't involve decompiling or reverse engineering.

--
Rick C. Hodgin

The programs said to be around 20 years old.
In one of his PRGs, I see contact number of a person which mentions 'WhatsApp' !!!
Is that the Facebook WhatsApp that we're using now?
WhatsApp..? 20 years back..?

Rajesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back