Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Second Message From Auto Attendant - Nortel Networks Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

frstchog

Technical User
Oct 4, 2012
US
I need some help! I'm going crazy trying to figure this out.

I've recorded a company greeting which includes prompts (press one for the secretary, two for -- ,so on and so forth). The problem is when someone calls in, they hear my greeting and then they hear the greeting that mine was supposed to replace. I recorded my greeting on the Auto Attendant, and I have no idea where the former employee recorded the old greeting and can't ask to find out.

I went through the Table and every greeting there is the same one that I have recorded. I can't find her greeting anywhere in the system. If I disable/remove the CCR Tree then none of the prompts will work (the phone will say you have entered an invalid extension).

Please help! I just can't figure this one out!

3 places to record main greetings...normally 1 and 3 go together when using CCR so maybe option 2 below is the culprit, just record a second of silence over top of it.

1- AA/GRTG/GRTG
2-AA/TABLE/1/ MENU PROMPT
3-CCR/ADMIN/TREE 1/Path 0

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I tried number two...it didn't work. So then I tried the CCR option - that didn't fix the problem either. So, then I tried the AA/Grtg/Grtg option - Still no luck. I even changed the wording of my recording so I would know if it was switching, and my recording changes - but as soon as mine is done, the old recording comes on. So I'm still stuck.

So that's where you say "thank you for calling ABC"

Then in CCR / path 0 would be the rest of your recording "if you know your parties ext etc..."

Go to path 0 and press RECORD then PLAY and see if that is the rest of the greeting or old greeting.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I recorded my message over the old one, but when I call in the old one is still playing!

I should also note that when I exit the system and go back in to listen to my message, it is not there. It asks me to accept the prompt - I say yes - then I see Path: and under it - Retry End or Ok, - I hit end - Then I see Tree 1 and under it Save, Print, Quit...I hit save...it says Tree enabled...then I hit quit. I call in and hear my recording, and then the old one is still there! FRUSTRATING!!!!

Ok you need to disable the tree before making changes:

AA/Table/1 and press NEXT or OK (3rd softkey) until you see TREE and press Disable (press 1 to enable when you come back to this).....you may need to do for eachpart of day, cant recall.

Make changes in CCR
SAVE END then go back and re-enable tree.

Stupid programming yes!

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back