Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Roaming Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

stik62

Vendor
Dec 5, 2007
US
I would like some comfirmation on my method to remove roaming profiles on SBS 2003. I would first log the user in to their workstation and then change the user profile from roaming to local then go the server and remove the profile path from that users properties. How will this affect exchange? is this the correct way or is there more to it.

Your method would work. However as long as they are logging into the same PC as usual you could remove the Roaming Profile setting in AD and when they login the PC would load the locally stored copy of the profile. This would not affect Exchange, it would keep the Outlook profile if that is what you are talking about.

tex52, Yes I was referring to the Outlook profile. I understand what you are saying to remove the path from AD but dont they need to logon prior to removing from AD otherwise the profile from roaming wont load, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back