Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Right Click Links from Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastavic

Technical User
Feb 21, 2003
US
Hey,
How's it going?

While using Internet Explorer about an hour ago, I found something on my right click tab/panel that shouldn't be there: "Superbar." I know Superbar is a spyware, so I removed it (no idea how it got there). Unfortunately, even though I thought I cleaned out all of Superbar's files, when I right click on the top of my Internet Explorer window (where the Home, Refresh, Stop icons are, and around the Address Bar area), "Superbar" still shows up. Clicking on it does not do anything (probably because I already removed the real program), but does anyone know how to remove the "Superbar" text from my right click tab?

Thanks in advance!
-=ViC

I had a similar thing and the only why I got rid of it was to go to the registry.

Start/Run..type in regedit....when there click on EDIT then FIND and type in Superbar....and let it search...when find it Delete it.

Good idea to back up the registry first..to do this when in the registry go FILE/EXPORT.......can bring back if need to..FILE /IMPORT

Other possibilities might be Spybot and Ad-Aware 6. Spybot loves killing things; I recommend both anyway--plus maybe Spyware Blaster to stop things at the source. (-:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back