Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Remote Control Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormer

Technical User
Apr 9, 2002
GB
Having recently rollout out the SMS Client to our desktops I came across the Remote Control Agent installation bug on Windows 98. In all the documentation that I have read there has been no mention of whether I'll get the same problem if I disable the RC Agent and it uninstalls from the Windows 98 clients? Has anyone tried this?

What is the problem on the 98 machines?

"In all the documentation that I have read there has been no mention of whether I'll get the same problem if I disable the RC Agent and it uninstalls from the Windows 98 clients?"

How can we tell you if you'll get the same problem if you haven't explained what problem you are having now?? Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out

On Windows 98 the RC Agent can cause the machine to hang when it installs ( Q266232 ), once the RC Agent is installed would removing it cause similar problems?

I haven't run into the issue on an SMS uninstall. Technet is down right now...or my ISP is having trouble getting to it...

Anyway, are you talking about the CLiSVC95 hang issue. If you are, upgrade SMS to service pack 3. This should solve the problem with the hangs. Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

If your company is in need of experts to examine technical problems/solutions, please check out

I haven't run into the issue on an SMS uninstall. Technet is down right now...or my ISP is having trouble getting to it...

Anyway, are you talking about the CLiSVC95 hang issue. If you are, upgrade SMS to service pack 3. This should solve the problem with the hangs.

You may want to logon to machine using an account that does not RUN the SMSLS.bat if the machine is hanging during the uninstall. Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

No, it is a different issue. It causes out of memory errors and a process called winoldapp crashes the system when the RC Agent installs. Upgrading to SP3 doesn't resolve the issue according to what I have read.

sorry, I am not familiar with this error. Probably a hardware specific type of problem.. Joseph L. Poandl
MCSE 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back