Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

removing records from a continuous subform 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

irethedo

Technical User
Feb 8, 2005
US
I have a form that I have been working on which consists of three continuous sub forms in which
the user can select items from each and click on a Match Selected button which combines
these items into a table.

When each record of the three tables (which control the data source for the subforms) is used.
I set the test fields to blank and numeric fields to 0. But I would also like to remove the
records from the table so that it doesn't show up anymore.

deleted_records_v6bx5i.jpg

Is there a way to delete these records from the table so that the subforms no longer displays them

Thanks

I assume you have a field in the record source of each subform that can be matched "a table". Use a query that doesn't display matches and simply requery each subform.

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

Thanks Duane-

Yes, each field on my subforms has a record source that is tied to a field in a table.

Not sure what you mean by, "Use a query that doesn't display matches", are you suggesting that
I replace the record source to those fields with a query, or use a query to remove those records
in the table and then requery the subforms?

Also, because these are subforms, I need to use something other than me.requery don't I as that would
only requery the main form wouldn't it?

OK, I figured it out

Thanks for your help Duane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back