Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

removing outlook toolbar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntunB

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2003
AU
This is in excel 2000

ok a user has clicked file >> send to >> mail receipt

and selected outlook

now there is a toolbar below the formating toolbars

that has:

to
cc
bcc

now how would this be removed? if i view toolbars it only shows the standard and formating toolbars

anyone got any suggestions on removing it?

Don't really know what you're talking about... A toolbar with to, cc and Bcc? Or you refer to the actual fields where you enter the email addresses?

a toolbar with fields

bar1: file edit view etc.....
bar2: icons to save open etc......
bar3: to: (then there is a box to put in an email address)
CC: (then there is a box to put in an email address)
BCC: (then there is a box to put in an email address)

Then your document here

so u just put in the email address and send the document straight away. it was put there by selecting:

file >> send to >> mail receipt

thanks for your reply

That's normal. What are you trying to get rid of?
You need the To field at least to enter the email address of the person you want to send the document to (if this is what you want)...

lol

i want to get rid of the whole thing

because we dont use outlook at the work place

and it needs to be rid of.....

so if you kno how to remove the whole thing
im all ears

nd thanks :)

You might be better off clarifying your question. From what I can see, rather than asking how you get rid of an Outlook Toolbar, it might have been better to ask how you associate the File / Send To function with whatever program you use to send mail as opposed to Outlook, if indeed that is what you are trying to do.

Regards
Ken............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

I agree with Ken. I think Excel is tied with Outlook, both being from the Office Suite. As of now I don't know if you're able to change this, you may want to look in the registry...
But you'd be better off if you just open the mail client you use and simply attach the Excel spreadsheet you want to send...
HTH

Antun,

There is an icon on the toolbar that looks like an envelope; it will be depressed right now. Just click it and the unwanted stuff will disappear.

Blaine

That's a toggle for "Send to" On and Off. I think what Antun wants is to change this feature to display their choice of mail client or not to function at all, right Antun?

If the user has not already saved the file, closing the file without saving it will cause the dialog box to go away. If they have already saved it, then it will reappear when the file is reopened. I have Outlook, so it is not a good test, but if you can put in a valid email address, and click Send, it's possible that your default email will send it and then the box will go away. To try it, put in your own email address, and see what happens.

Sawedoff

I think it will use whatever is set as your default mail app. open up Internet Explorer, do Tools / Internet Option / Programs and see if in the mail option you can select the mail app you want to use.

Regards
Ken...........

[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

I think what your user needs to do is press, File->Send to->Mail Recipient (As Attachment)....

By using the File->Send to->Mail Recipient... then the workbook is sent in an Email, but open, meaning when the recipient opens the email Excel will open.

What you are seeing is an Email. Close it and then use File->Send to->Mail Recipient (As Attachment)... to send the Email.

Peace!! [peace]

Mike

Didn't get the answers that you wanted? Take a look at FAQ219-2884

wowee thanks for everyones help, its much apreciated

and what my question is to remove it completely turn it OFF

all that has to be done is the same way u turn it on u turn it off

and thanks everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back