Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing macro shortcut from menu bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoniFromMars

Programmer
Aug 10, 2006
US
A while ago some kind programmer showed me that you can drag a macro onto the menu bar and it will become a shortcut. One click and macro starts. The above-mentioned kind programmer has now confessed that he has no idea how to remove the shortcuts. I have a bar cluttered with shortcuts-even shortcuts from different databases. If anyone knows how to remove them please let me know. A kind programmers life depends on it. Thanks!

Not totally clear, so:
if it's some menu bar someone created, just click on View - Toolbars - Customize and uncheck it to hide it.
You can click Tools - Startup and then reset Menu Bar to default.
Or if you just want to get rid of a single item, click View - Toolbars - Customize. This throws all menu items and buttons into edit mode. Just click on the menu item you want to delete and drag it off. When you close Customize, all the menus and buttons regain function.

Thanks a million. view,menubar,reset did the trick. that clutter was really annoying. Thanks for you help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back