Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing LINKS from Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Accessdabbler

Technical User
Oct 15, 2002
CA
How can I permanently remove LINKS from the Favourites? I am able to delete it, but on a reboot, it appears again.

hmm you should have a look at the
Default User and
All Users Favorites

Delete the Links there too and your problem should be solved...

hth

steve

From the IE menu, select Favorites -> Organize Favorites... Then select the ones you want to delete and click the Delete button.

Open the Fav. folder in Explorer, right click on the Links folder, select Properties. Check off the "Hidden" attribute at the bottom. Deleting the folder will just cause it to be recreated on startup. Nate Gagne
nathan.gagne@verizon.net
AKA Nick Burns - Your Company's Computer Guy
"Would you like me to save your game of Minesweeper first?"

Like my post? Let me know it was helpful!

If a special link reappears after restart, that may be an indication of a (pirate) startup program, see thread608-68636.

Are you trying to delete the Links FOLDER? AFAIK, that folder will always be recreated as it is needed to maintain the "Links" links. Therefore, you cannot remove it from the Favorites list, but you can remove it from the menu bar.

I was able to delete the folder permanently before. I just added a new HD and did a complete reinstall of Win2K. However, the Links folder seems to thwart my attempts to suppress it.

I deleted it and restarted my comp and the Links folder is now gone. However, I know that it will return. I think if I go to a certain type of web page or do some action on my computer, Win2K puts the Links folder back (it is empty when it returns). I just haven't figured out what is causing it to be rebuilt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back