Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

removing items from startup? No msconfig on 95

Status
Not open for further replies.

igo4gordon

Technical User
Jan 24, 2003
US
How can I remove items from starting up when booting up on win 95? I have tried going into the startup folder under taskbar; and it did not change anything? There are several things that need to be taken off. I am just wondering if there is another way to remove them so they dont start each time? Too bad 95 dont have msconfig.exe
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks for the helpful advice. I will give them a try and post back with results. Thanks again for your time! :)

I use msconfig from my WinXP Pro on my Win2000 Pro and have used the msconfig from Win98 on Win95, haven't tried it on WinME yet.

I'm with Berton on this. Just copy msconfig.exe from windows 98 and past it into your windows 95 system. It works perfectly on my screamin windows 95B equiped Thinkpad 701C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back