Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Impromptu Prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveFinance

Technical User
Jul 6, 2004
US
I have several prompts in my report that rely on an external *.csv, but are no longer in use in my report. However, when I remove them in Prompt Manager and click "OK", they are, for some reason, still there the next time I go back into Prompt Manager. What is going on here?

Are any of the prompt values, from the .csv prompt, being used in the resulting report. (as display column in report, or as a filter variable).
If so, they would prohibit the deletion of the prompt from Prompt Manager.

Nope, nothing from the .csv is being used in the report. The wierd thing is that when I prompt, it doesnt even prompt the items I am trying to delete, and Prompt Manager allows me to remove it, but the changes are not there when I go back into Prompt Manager.

You could save the report as an IQD, then read the IQD file to see if there are any references to the prompt.
Otherwise, you could attach the IQD file to this post and I'll see if there are any references to the prompt.

Pain is stress leaving the body.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

I cannot post the file, but I would also like to add that the file path for the .csv file is not correct, but the file works fine. It would seem the .csv couldn't possibly be in use.

The IQD file is just SQL text, I wouldn't think anything in it should be confidential. I wouldn't want you to post the CSV file.

If the CSV file exists in the same directory as the report, sometimes Impromptu is intelligent enough to grab it from that directory.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

I can just check the file. What would a reference to the csv file in the SQL text look like?

Sorry, I tried it and the IQD does not show any references to csv files if they are part of a FilePicklist prompt.

Check these items, if their are no references to the CSV file, you may have a corrupt report. This means you would need to recreate it.
1. All filters (detail and summary)
2. Write access to the report (Ensure you can make other changes and save them.)
3. All calculated fields in the report window
4. All calculated fields in the query window
5. Catalog prompts that might have been carried into the report. (They would not show as calculations in the Query window.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back