Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing IE Address Bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2000
US
I have a project that involves installing PCs with internet access in a public area. I want to permanently remove IE's address bar and have been told that this is accomplished through html/scripting on the web page itself.
I've searched Google to no avail. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

I don't think this is accomplished through HTML or scripting. Especially for the purpose you describe. Try checking forum608 'Browser issues for IT professionals'.

Thanks to all that replied. It turns out that you can run IE in kiosk mode by adding a -k and the url to the shortcut.

Just a little "heads-up", if you're trying to set this up for security reasons, ie you don't want users to be able to browse the internet normally, then this is not going to work!

Kiosk mode is a purely aesthetic thing. You can simply do a Ctrl+N to open a standard new window with all the menus/address bar etc.

--James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back