Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Coverage Tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

G3Man

Programmer
Jul 15, 2002
US
We have a G3Rv5 and we would like to remove the coverage tone on a per station basis. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

"Change station XXXX" and set "redirect notification" to N Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

I tried that but it didn't work. Any suggestions?

Can you turn the coverage tone off on a system-wide basis? I cannot find anything about that even being listed as a feature in the Admin & Feature Manual.

I'll keep looking.

Why do you need to do that?

We are using the Telecommute software and when internal users call somebody that is telecommuting, they'll hear the coverage tone and hang up thinking they're away from their desk and call somebody else. I'm trying to figure out away to do this on a per station basis. Thanks for your help!

-G3Man

I can not find any documentation that mentions the tone an internal caller hears when going to cover as a feature. I would say that it is not something you can turn off on a station-by-station basis, or even on a system-wide basis.

Training your users not to hang up when they hear the tone may be your only alternative.

Sorry I couldn't help more.

Thanks for taking the time to research, I don't think I can turn it off on a per station basis.

Thanks again for your help!

G3Man

CTR999:
Display system-parameters country-options,
will show you what tones are used for what purpose;
these differ per country

Go into System Parameters Coverage & set the prompt "Coverage-Caller Respose Interval" to 0 seconds. This removes Coverage tone system wide.

Paul Beddows
Avaya System Design
Telus, Vancouver, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back