Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

removing color bars w/ registration marks on

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanPace

Technical User
Oct 31, 2003
US
Does anyone know if there is a way to eliminate the color bars when printing with registration marks turned on? I would like to have only the cut marks and file name print when using.

Are you printing with seperations turned on? That is the only time I see the color bars with registration marks. Normally, with seperations unchecked, you get your filename/date, corner crops and center crops, no color bars.

Yes, Separations turned on. We have a direct-to-plate system here, and rip many of our files directly from Quark. We have a custom color bar that we place at the tail end of the sheet. The default Quark color bars cover up part of our bar and make it difficult for our press operators to get a reading on one end of the sheet.

I don't think you can turn them off or move them. One way around it is to create a PDF with reg marks and place it back into a larger Quark page, and cover them up. ??
That's the only way I know how. Sorry!

I have a similar problem in my shop... When it's a real issue, I have to just create my own crop marks in the corners and set it for bleed. We don't do process work, so the pressman just uses the crop marks for registration; we don't need the bullets. I don't think there's any way to turn off the color bars. There is an XTension somewhere, I forgot the name, that can create custom color bars, so maybe that would help you avoid using Quark's generic Registration option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back