Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing an added menu from MS-Word 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iao

Programmer
Feb 23, 2001
US
Hi everyone.

I installed a program on my computer called RoboHelp. RoboHelp is a technical writing software program.

Anyways, after installing RoboHelp on my maching, I now have an additional menu item in MS-Word. The menu item is called RoboPDF. I would like to get rid of this menu item, but nothing I do will work.

On the Customize dialog, I see where you can modify menu items. From here, I am able to remove all of the menu items BELOW the RoboPDF menu, but I can't actually get rid of RoboPDF itself. Even after uninstalling RoboHelp, that darn menu item is still here.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this menu item? Is there a registry setting somewhere that I can set/unset? Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks!

Press and hold the Alt key.
Click and drag the menu item till there's an X on the mouse pointer (into the body of the document, say) and let go.
Release the Alt key.

If it comes back next time you open Word you still have an AddIn that's resetting it (even though you've removed the program). If that happens and you can't get rid of it, come back.

Enjoy,
Tony

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We want to help you; help us to do it by reading this: Before you ask a question.
Excel VBA Training and more Help at VBAExpress[

My goodness. How easy was that!!!

Geez louise - now I feel like a dummy.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back