Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REMOVING ALL STATIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ogabe1

Technical User
Nov 9, 2006
MX
what remove various stations

This could take some time depending on the amount of stations that you are trying to remove.

The command in the switch would be "rem sta xxxx". The problem you will run into with this is some will tell you to first remove them from Intra switch CDR, remove all bridged and abridged appearances. I would also keep a list of the coverage paths as I was doing this. After you get though you can do this command "disp cover sender xxx" (xxx) being the coverage path number, and see if anyone is still using it. If not then remove it.

"You don't stop playing because you get old. You get old because you stopped playing."

The quickest way of making mass changes is to utilize the Export/Import ability in ASA. I would see this as being a 5 step process:
[ol]
[li]Export your entire extension list using ASA. The key fields to export are:
[ul]
[li]Extension[/li]
[li]Port[/li]
[li]Type[/li]
[li]Name[/li]
[li]Coverage Path 1[/li]
[li]Coverage Path 2[/li]
[/ul]
[/li]
[li]Modify the extension list, changing the set types from ones with multiple feature buttons to ones with 2 feature buttons (ie. 6424D+ becomes 6402). This should remove any brdiged appearances, unless you are doing something unique.[/li]
[li]Import the modified export file, selecting the option to change the extensions.[/li]
[li]Remove all of the extensions from your intra-switch-CDR.[/li]
[li]Import the modified export file again, selecting the option to remove the extensions.[/li]
[/ol]

This process should work for you.

-Brian-
Semper Paratus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back