Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing Add/Remove program list items

Status
Not open for further replies.

qvtqt

Programmer
Oct 13, 2000
US
Hello. I've been having a problem of removing application listing under ControlPanel->Add/Remove_Programs. I made a mistake of removing the program directory without uninstall using Windows' Add/Remove_Program method. Now when I try to uninstall those programs, it prompted "no program to uninstall". But the program listing still remain in the Add/Remove_Program list.
Please help !
[sig][/sig]

Reinstall the programs and uninstall under Add/Remove programs...or if your are really brave use regedit to remove references to the programs. USE EXTREME CARE HERE!!!! [sig][/sig]

Some of these programs are so old that I couldn't find it anywhere else. I also removed all reference to these applications in the registry, but that didn't help either. Is there any other way? [sig][/sig]

Thanks rinnis and RaTTuS. I found that there are many entries refering the the application I mentioned in the registry. The one that mattered the most in my case is located in:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Microsoft->Windows->CurrentVersion->Uninstall->ApplName

Removing that solved my problem.
[sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back