Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RRM

Technical User
Jun 26, 2001
GB
Hi,

Can anyone help with this.

Attempting to upgrade Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. Setup complains about ADC connector that I am no longer using.

ADC was installed during a migration from 5.5 to 2000. The 5.5 Server has long since been deleted and the Exchange server has been rebuilt with a different name.

Can I manually remove the ADC from Active Directory as I have no use for it now.

Thanks
RRM

Thanks for that, but I haven't done anything yet. The ADC Connector has not been removed at all. connection agreements may still be lingering somewhere.
I want to completely remove it manually and anyhting associated with it that will hinder my move to Exchange 2003.

RRM

Hi,

The original Exchange server it was installed on is no longer there, nor are the 5.5 servers!

Thanks
RRM

Ok.

Found the answer to this one.

1. Run an MMC
2. Add the active directory sites and services snap in
3. expand - Sites -> Default-First-Site-Name -> Servers find the servers hosting the ADC and delete them.

This appeared to work and the Exchange 2003 installation now get much further.

RRM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back