Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing a Users ability to receive Direct Dials

Status
Not open for further replies.

SysAdminUK

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2015
GB
Hi guys, you've all been great in the past so perhaps you can help me with something that should be relatively easy but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Scenario:

Lets say our main number is 100100, we have 20 users, and their DNs are 4101, 4102, 4103... etc etc.
Whenever anyone calls 100101 it goes through the user with the DN 4101, if they call 100107, it goes through to the user with 4107
We have a subset of users that we do not want to be able to receive direct dials, they should all go through the 100100 number switch board which plays a compliance message.

So, how do I stop these direct dials from working for these few users? I thought it was as simple as going to Telephony > Target Line, clicking on the 100115 number and removing the assigned DN, (which would be 4115 in this example.) However, calling the 100115 number is still ringing through to the assigned DN. What am I missing/doing wrong?

The prime set seemed to work for a few users, but not all, so it makes me think that there is another place it needs changing too, as even with the prime set changed I can still direct dial the user. Thanks for the tip though, it's got me closer to a solution.

Make the DDI/target Private to the DN of your choice instead of Public.
When you make a line or target Private it will erase any reference to other sets in other programming.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Also check the "Target" lines in Call Pilot in case they have some settings enabled. Normally the target lines are where changes are made and as stated above, it would be a case of changing who they are assigned with.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Very advance high level knowledge on Linux BCM with keycode support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back