Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing a PRI card. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrytele

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2001
GB
Hi. I am trying to remove a PRI card from a system (Meridian 11c - Succession3) I have deleted the tie's in LD 14, removed the ent's in the RLB in ld 86. I still have a route left to delete but I am unsure if I should be OUTing the RDB and entering the route number or CHGing the RDB and perhaps an x befroe the route number.
LD 16
REQ out
TYPE rdb
CUST 0
DMOD
ROUT 121
SCH0164
ROUT ****

ERR SCH0164
>

SCH0164
Cannot remove route data block while trunks still attached.

Any pointers would be really appreciated. Thanks

try a ltm in ld 21 against the route, the switch thinks you still have trunks in the route, if it shows no trunks go to 135 and type midn enter, then log aout and it will run midnights, the out rdb command is correct. try it again if that don't work you'll need to ini the switch. the next step would to be calling nortel for corruption. leaving the route in will not cause trouble but i don't leave them in. it's eaiser to maintain a switch that has clean software.. fyi you can't change a route number, out and back in is that only option for that

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for that John. I had left one Tie in there.

I think I am nearly there but I am now getting...

SCH5619
Must remove the clock controller data first before delete the digital loop. (For System Option 11 only)

I have found references to the clock controllers in LD 60 but nothing that seems to tie them into the PRI I am trying to remove. any ideas??

LD 79
REQ PRT
TYPE PRI2
FEAT SYTI

Shows the clock-controller.
PREF = primary reference
SREF = secondary reference

Do a CHG and precede with X to remove reference.

ah... OVL309 no access to that overlay... nice

Thanks for the help though guys

Hi
a small mistake in typing ...it was LD 73 not LD 79.

Try this one it will okay. Before this you should diable the clock in LD 60. command is as following.

LD 60
DIS CC 0

Hope this will resolve your problem.

Rgds
Deepak

Hi
a small mistake in typing ...it was LD 73 not LD 79.

Try this it will be okay. Before this you should also diable the clock in LD 60. command is as following.

LD 60
DIS CC 0

Hope this will resolve your problem.

Rgds
Deepak

after you change your ddb to say that your not tracking on that loop you'll need to stat tmdi in 96 that card needs to be dis tmdi x, the dch (if you have one) has to be dsch x in 96 the in 17
chg
adan
out dch x
return

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

nope... OVL309 on Ld 73 too. Will raise this with my vendor, but thats for the help, I should be able to sort this once I get into 73.

Your Login Password is restricted to use the overlay 73, Login with diffrent password and try this.

Hello again. I am back onto this job, I have access to LD73 now but I am a little nervious. We have two PRI's in this system
in LD 73 I get
REQ prt
TYPE pri2
FEAT syti

CC0 1 PREF CC0 1
SREF CC0 2

CCGD 15
CCAR 15
EFCS NO

How do I remove the clock from the PRI in slot 2 but not from the PRI in slot 1

Would hate to loose BOTH PRI's

Terry

at the SREF commandm line, change that to freerun, if your not clocking off of two during the change, 1 will not see a change.. in 60 ssck 0 , if it;s clocking on 2 then trck pck.. to make her change to track on your 1st pref....
thats sets your switch clock to your primary choice, then change your seconday to what is basic an internal clock.. an internal clock is not bad but may cause slips in your t if you clock off of it. you are just telling the switch that if you lose clocking from the span, switch to internal.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back