Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing a g450 Gateway in Avaya CM 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Nelson

Systems Engineer
May 5, 2020
US
This is a weird one. I am trying to remove a g450 in CM. I enter:

Remove media-gateway X and get "Error encountered, can't complete request; check errors before retrying.

The error is code 769 which is the Gateway isn't registered. The gateway can't be registered or you can't remove it. I register it, the error goes away but I can't remove it... I unregister and I get the error and I can't remove it... any thoughts? Have you seen this before? I'm stumped.

have you removed all translations against it?

ACSS IP Office AIPS IP Office

I've had that happen before too, but don't recall what was done. I'd make sure it isn't that virtual announcement module isn't being used.. v9?

All translations were removed. I verified there wasn't an announcement I missed.

It looks like it's corruption which is good/bad. Good because I didn't miss any steps and bad because it's corruption.

Try a reset system 1 command,worked 1 time for me

ACSS IP Office AIPS IP Office

Is the announcement card still enabled?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

You have software corruption.

Post output:
Command: list media-gateway X

If you have "dadmin" login:
Command: clear error
Command: remove media-gateway X
Command: display software

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

45 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 35 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back