Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing a DN from a device in CUCM 7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash33

MIS
May 19, 2006
US
In Call Manager 4, I was able to:
1. select a device
2. select a line on the device
3. delete the line from the device.

I found that if I did this in CUCM 7, I would be deleting the DN from Call Manager all together. In other words, attempting to delete a single appearance of a multiple appearance DN, I would end up wiping out every appearance on all the phones.

Cisco docs state that lines should be disassociated from the device, but they don’t mention that it creates an individual template for the device when this is done. After a while, the number of Call Manager phone button templates can get way out of hand. Is there a better way to remove lines from a phone??

I have disassociated the lines many times without an additional phone button template being created. Although, I do already have templates created in advance. For instance, when I added the 7941 phones I created a 1 line template and a separate 2 line template before adding any phones.

just disassociate the device should work fine. The DN will still be in CUCM to use again

It sounds like you are removing the line by selecting the "Modify Button Items" and removing the line from there. This is why you are seeing new button templates being created. To remove a line from a phone, select the line then you will see the associated devices box. Select the phone you want the line removed from and click the arrow to move that phone to the Dissociate Devices then select save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back