Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removing a CLS on all stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat 6

Technical User
Dec 30, 2021
US
Is there any way to remove a CLS from every station at once on a Nortel CS1000 Meridian? I am attempting to remove CFXA from about 2000 phones. However, I do not want to remove the capability completely. My plan is to add CFXA to the few phones that actually need it, and change our programming protocol to not add it to initial phone programming. Thank you in advance!

I know if you use Element Manager, you can do a bulk change in the "Phones" section. Just do an advanced search for "CXFA = Allowed" and then check all the phones, click on "More Actions" and change it from Allowed to Denied. It'll then go through every set with it set to allowed and change it one by one and print out what it did and didn't do.

You can do this via the command line programming using an old tool such as Procomm Plus 4.8. I updated some scripts many years ago.

You can also set up a start time and it will do them all as required.
Look on this forum's FAQ section for more details.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

What they said, Elephant Manager took on quite a bit of the old TM stuff and can make bulk changes, in the background its just building a script which you can do yourself like firebird says, if you want something to do it in Zoc if you use that for scripts then I could write it here as its a simple change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back