Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removed Exchange features from users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2004
Hi all,
Well we had something happen today which is annoying, but I dont think impossible to correct. Currently the way we archive off old users from our AD is to move them to a folder called "ex-employees" and someone decided to remove the exchange features from the user accounts in this folder so they would not show up in the global email list. It is not urgent, but from an admin point of view I am in the process of archiving off the users so we can save their email.

Thankfully the mailboxes are still in the Exchange store, but what I need is to get the exchange features back to the users in AD where it was removed from.

Is there a way??????

Thanks

You can easily reconnect mailboxes to non-mailbox-enabled AD accounts - expand the store that has the mailbox, then right-click on Mailboxes, and select Run cleanup agent.

Then you can reconnect the orphaned mailbox by right-clicking the orphaned mailbox, select Reconnect, and enter the name of the AD account you want to connect it to.

Thanks for the info on this.

I actually solved the problem by using the Mailbox recovery tool in exchange, attached to the Mailbox store and recovered the mailboxes.

Thanks

Mel

You could activate the “Advanced Features” in Active Directory Users And Computers” and then select “Hide from Exchange Address List” in the “Exchange Advanced” tab of the user.

Just a thought…….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back