Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removed Accepted Domain, now can't email that (now external) domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevor Gryffyn

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2019
US
Just like the title says... we had a domain listed under Accepted Domains but it's now hosted externally. The first attempt to remove the domain resulted in an error .. I think it was this one: "Can't remove the domain 'domain.com' because it's referenced in an e-mail address policy by the proxy address template 'smtp:mad:domain.com'.".

Resolved that and was able to remove the domain, but now I get this error:

"Remote Server returned '554 5.7.0 <ourexchangeserver #5.7.54 smtp; 550 5.7.54 SMTP; Unable to relay recipient in non-accepted domain>'"

Thing is, the server has been running for a few years, we can email other arbitrary external domains, but something with this one that used to be an internal domain is making it inaccessible.

I've restarted the EdgeSync, Frontend Transport and Information Store just to see if it was cached or something.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-Trevor

Just a followup... our Barracuda security appliance still had the removed domain in it's configuration. I swore I had removed it but guess I misclicked or it didn't stick or something. Seems that it was getting the email and throwing it right to Exchange to handle, which Exchange doesn't do anymore. Removing it from Barracuda fixed the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back